Normal Imperfect

Just a quick post this morning to remind myself (and anyone else out there) that I haven't yet given up on this blogging stuff.

Life just intervenes.

It's funny, I was so sure that with my kids in school all day, I would have more time.  Well, yeah, I still only have the same 24 hour days.  But I thought I would be able to cram more stuff in without the kids around.  It's not happening.  The last couple of days I've pushed myself hard and then still turned to Terence and moaned, "I need a couple more hours today!  I'm never going to get everything done!"

So unfortunately blogging has slipped down my list.  But I have seven minutes (a whopping large window, right?) before I have to wake up the kids, so I thought I'd shoot this out there.

Thank you to all you ladies who let your real life struggles show.  I NEED that. My social media connections are fantastic, but there are some downsides . . . one big one is that all I see of some of my friends' lives are the fun, the milestones, the carefully chosen and cropped pictures, and the amazing successes.  I love celebrating the beauty in others' lives, don't get me wrong.  But even though I know better, it's so hard not to look around at my messy house, my squabbling kids, and my very-average-not-pretty days and fight against the sense of failure that creeps in with comparison.

I'm not a failure, and neither are you.

We all have messy corners of our lives, we are all works in progress, and thank you to those of you who are willing to share the rougher edges.  It reminds me that my imperfect life is normal.

My seven minutes are up, so onward with my day.  Good luck with yours!

Comments

Popular Posts