In Their Words

So the other day one of my facebook friends posted one of those "ask your kids these questions and write their answers" statuses, and I decided I wanted to hear what my kids would say.  However, I didn't want to post the world's longest facebook post, so I typed them all up here.  Even after that it felt like the world's longest blog post, and so I whittled it down a bit more.  (There were a lot of questions that got "I don't know" from all four.)  You'll notice I skipped S-- she's almost there where I could do this kind of thing with her, but not quite.  Anyway, here goes:

WITHOUT ANY prompting, ask your child these questions and write down EXACTLY what they say. It is a great way to find out what they really think. When you re-post put your child's age.
B, age 9
J, age 11
K, age 6
M, age 13

1. What is something mom always says to you? 
B:  I love you
J: Be quiet
K: Say my prayers
M:  Go to sleep

2. What makes mom happy?

B: Me not fighting with my brothers and sisters
J:  Being nice
K:  Doing my chores
M:  Sleep

3. What makes mom sad?

B:  Me fighting with my brothers and sisters
J:  Getting agitated
K:  Not doing my chores
M:  Arguing

4 What is her favorite thing to do?
B:  Read
J:  Do puzzles
K:  Sleep
M:  Write

5. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

B:  Reading
J:  Puzzles
K:  I don't know
M: Writing

6. What is your mom really good at?

B:  Reading
J:  Puzzles
K:  I don't know
M:  Being a mother

7. What is your mom not very good at?

B:  I don't know
J:  Trying to keep calm
K:  Fixing
M:  Staying up at night

8. What do you and your mom do together?

B:  Read scriptures
J:  Be in the car
K:  Do our chores
M:  Talk

9. How are you and your mom the same?

B:  We're picky about wearing helmets when we're young
J:  I don't know
K:  Play Zelda
M:  We both play piano

10. How are you and your mom different?

B:  I'm not very good at reading, she is
J:  I don't know
K:  Different skin colors
M:  I can stay up late at night

11. How do you know your mom loves you?

B:  She says, "I love you"
J:  She's happy
K:  Cuz she kisses me
M:  She's here

12. What does your mom like most about your dad?

B:  I don't know
J:  Him having a job
K:  He does work
M:  He's funny

13. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?

B:  Home
J:  Disneyland
K:  Walmart
M: The beach or to bed


I thought it was hilarious that K thinks Walmart is my favorite place to go.  My favorite answer was that M knows I love her because I'm here.  I do love them all, and it is the reason that I've made the sacrifices I have to be a stay-at-home mom.  So I can be here.

Comments

Popular Posts