"Ain't Nothin' Gonna Break My Stride"

It's killing me, this November.

Every November kills me.  It's not quite as bad as May, and neither month is as bad as that abyss of anxiety, December.  But I feel like I've been running from task to task to task never quite able to look ahead more than a day or two or I might fall splat on my face from the weight.

But the good news is that we're more than halfway, and nothing has gone splat yet (except one of M's history projects and 90% of that was her fault, so what was I going to do?  That girl needs to learn to speak up and ask questions in class).

The bathroom is finally finished-- if I get more than a ten minute window to blog I'll put up some pics of the work in progress and the end result.  The hallway is also painted, so at the moment I have one tiny little section of the house that looks pretty nice.  The rest . . . well, I have a five gallon bucket of paint awaiting the living and kitchen areas but no time.  November, you know.

The veteran's day run/S's birthday turned about to be a better day than I anticipated.  Terence got it off (hooray!!!!) and we both did the race while the older kids took the younger kids to the bouncy houses and rockwall.  S had the idea that all the excitement was in honor of her birthday.  It was great timing after all.

Nanowrimo is hurtling toward the finish.  I'm somewhere just past 35,000 words, so still right on track.  I swing between despair and hope on this one-- not that I'll make it to 50,000 words, I'm pretty sure I'll do that-- but I'm so sure that I'm writing a large pile of nonsense.  Eh.  I'm still not going to give up.

Thanksgiving is coming up quickly which means lots and lots of cooking.  My part for the actual "feast" is not too bad: pie and cheesy potatoes.  But part of the business is the younger kids' class feasts that I need to cook for too.  At least high school doesn't get into that stuff.  At least, not that I know of . . . .

This week I register S for kindergarten too.  There's just something so hugely strange and happy and painful about it, in the same way that registering M was.  It's the end of an era.  I'll have no more babies at home.

One of the best parts about this week though is that the weather FINALLY cooled down to an acceptable fall temperature.  I'm sorry, but 90 degrees halfway through November is just not right, even in the desert.  Hooray for being able to wear jeans!  I even bet that in the next couple weeks I might get to put on a sweatshirt.  It's a lovely thought.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  We all have so much to be grateful for!

Comments

Popular Posts