Commotion


  • Hurricane Harvey
  • Hurricane Irma
  • Hurricane Jose
  • 8.1 earthquake in Mexico
  • Wildfires out of control in Montana and the northwest
  • The lives of neighbors and friends turning upside down with the death of a much-loved leader in our church congregation

At times like these, the whole world does seem to be in commotion.  I know tragedies, both big and small, are occurring all the time, but this week has really felt like a doozy.

However, I've felt a good deal of peace.

Perhaps it's because none of these disasters has touched me directly.  I don't know.  But normally such upheaval sends my mood into a tailspin of despair and fear.

And I just don't feel that right now.  It feels like everything is going to be fine.  I don't have any answers.  Just hope.

Hope is a powerful thing-- let's all continue to draw together and do what we can to help each other.  Tragedies are a great opportunity to let go of the small stuff and focus on what's really important!


Comments

Popular Posts