Writing Update


I'm a winner!

This year was a real grind.  I guess each of the NaNoWriMos that I've participated in has brought its own challenges.  But this year I had to cope with computer issues, stomach flu going through the family, a bladder infection, and our ward at church splitting again (eeek!), as well as all the November busy-ness of Thanksgiving and S's birthday.  But I sat down and plugged away faithfully, even when it meant jotting down words in a notebook while we waited in the car before picking up the younger kids at school, or getting up early and doing a word sprint before I woke the kids up.  (Usually both of those, plus stretches during the day.)  At my writing speed I need about 1.5-2 hours a day to meet this challenge, and despite everything else, I did manage it.

So what's next for the writing? 

Well, I didn't actually finish the novel, so that still lies ahead of me.  (I've never "completed" a novel for NaNo.  50k words doesn't quite cut it.  My shortest novel is around 77k.)  I'm also expecting Quintan Edge (book #3) back from its copyedit sometime in December, with changes to be made before we do the production layout.  I'm due to start revisions on Rift (book #4) in December also-- in my copious amounts of free time, right?  Rift may have to wait until January.  As for Legend (#1) and Corizen (#2), the new editions of the paperbacks are online, and the ebooks are ready and waiting to launch as soon as Quintan Edge (#3) is live also.

This whole journey has been quite the learning process, so I'm grateful for everyone who has been so supportive and encouraging.  I don't think I would have the courage to do this without my cheerleading section.  Thank you!!!

Comments

Popular Posts