Just July

Does it feel like summer is over to anybody else?

I know, that's ridiculous.  We're barely starting the second week of July, and monsoon season hasn't even started in the valley yet.  We have months of summer weather ahead of us still.  Yet other than a trip to the water park this week, we are done with our summer fun.  Next week starts the back to school insanity. 

It has been a crazy busy June and beginning of July.  Lots of driving for me, including there-and-back trips to Flagstaff twice in one week (I was driving for stake youth conference).  I'm all used to my new van.  (Yes, we did buy a new van.  It's very nice and it still doesn't quite feel like my car yet.  It's almost there though.  Nothing like multiple road trips to help even the slow-to-warm-up to adapt!)

We had a great family reunion up in Pinetop with my side of the family.  My sisters and their families came into town, and we did the normal fishing (well, I didn't fish) and bingo and mini golf  and  swimming and racquetball (racquetball is my personal favorite).  Terence and I got out on bike rides in the pines every morning-- it was gloriously cool and it smelled heavenly!  The most excitement probably came for the trail ride.  Well, at least as far as B and S were concerned.  Terence and M and J all opted out, but I took the three younger kids along with everyone else in the group.  We had a sunset ride around one of the reservoir lakes up there, and it was beautiful!  My horse, Doobie, was extremely anxious to finish his last trail ride of the day so he could eat.  He was very impatient with my brother-in-law's slow horse and kept head-butting him.  It made for an interesting ride, to say the least!  S did fantastic, even though she looked like a tiny thing on top of a towering horse.  (The wrangler did have to come over a few times and grab her and get them back in line.) Kudos to my dad for planning such a great activity!


The best part of the whole trip?  No car troubles and no one threw up!!! 

Now around here I have books to get out (two will be ready very, very soon), school supplies to buy, and last minute driving practice cramming with M, who has her driving test scheduled next week.  I believe we will also be trekking to the local shelter and choosing a new dog to join our family-- that was Terence's birthday present, though it's mostly for Rue (she is a lonely pup without Willow).  I'm hoping to see some monsoon storms soon.  Though I'm not a huge fan of the humidity, and I loathe the mosquitoes, one of my favorite parts of summer is the afternoon thunderstorms.  Bring 'em on!

Happy July everyone!  I hope you are enjoying your summer days as well!


Comments

Popular Posts