Grateful

 Happy Thanksgiving!

I celebrated this morning by running five miles with Terence and then by winning Nanowrimo 2022-- 50k words in the bag! Later today we'll head up and eat our traditional dinner with my parents and my sister's family. (Plus a few extended family, and minus Terence and M.  We're used to Terence missing Thanksgiving dinner--he's had to work through it for years now-- but M is away at college and unable to come home for the first time. In some ways it's so hard to have kids grow up.)


In honor of the holiday here's a few of the things I'm grateful for this year:

My Savior, Jesus Christ.  Not much to add here. I owe Him everything.

Terence. This man is my best friend, my partner, my counselor, my lover, my provider...the list goes on, and it just seems to get longer every year.

The Kids.  I'm not going to list them out by name (especially since I don't use their names on the blog anymore) but they are my joy and the greatest adventure of my life.  It's exciting to see them grow into unique people with their own gifts and strengths.

My Parents.  It has been a difficult couple of years, and for my dad especially, I'm so grateful he is still fighting.  Our lives are so much better with them here. 

Food and Shelter and Transportation. Things have gotten tighter this year (inflation, yay) but we have still been able to take care of the most necessary things, and we are warm and fed and able to get where we need to go.

Freedom and Peace. I have great freedom to live my life as I desire and for the most part my area of the world is peaceful.  I know that is not true for everyone, and I do not take it for granted.

As we continue onward in the hectic holiday season, don't forget to take the time to enjoy the company of your family and friends. Every minute is precious!

Comments

Popular Posts