Rescued

Well, so far 2024 has both confirmed and defied my anxiety about starting a new year. We'd been having a fairly good month-- some challenges, but nothing too awful. I started off the year with several medical tests and discovered that a permanent solution for my worsening pelvic issues is on the table. It will require a more complicated surgery than I was expecting and will have a longer recovery period-- but with hope of relief on the horizon, I was cautiously optimistic about the spring. Then last week I got one of those phone calls that every parent dreads, sending me tearing to the nearest hospital.

It's been a long-- VERY long-- week.

We had a child attempt suicide-- but miracles abounded and there was help at hand and I have never felt alone.

Terence has been a rock through it all. He made it to the hospital even before I did and handled everything that I just couldn't. Kristi dropped everything to meet me there as well. Family and friends brought dinner and offered prayers and messages of support. The other kids rallied and we pulled together as a family, again, to tackle this terrible illness that periodically swamps our family ship.

Things are much better-- and tomorrow we will go back to normal life again-- well, as normal as it can get after something like this. The school has been amazing. We met with a whole team on Friday to put in place a safety plan and a support team. I still have almost daily panic attacks-- though I am managing them, and though I know the recovery will take time (as I learned from last year), I already feel like things are going better than they did before. Miracles again.

Overall, I have felt my Savior lifting us up. Carrying us when we couldn't move. Sending angels to surround us.

Despite this rocky start to the year, I will go forward, and reach out with hope that there are wonderful, amazing things in our future, especially for our child who is need of so much healing.

Comments

Popular Posts