Dum, Da-dum, Dum

It's taper week.

What the heck is taper week, you ask? Well, in a triathlon training program it's the week of your race. The training you're supposed to do is scaled down so you don't wear yourself out or injure yourself right before the race. So the good thing is that I have much less working out to do this week. The flip side of that is that it means my race is just a couple of days away.

I'm SO nervous. My stomach is roiling while I write about it. Last night I slept OK, but I wonder if I will be able to sleep much the next couple of days. What if I panic during the swim? What if I get a flat tire during the bike ride? What if I finish an hour behind the next-to-last person? What if I collapse and die on the run???? OK, I'm not seriously worried about collapsing and dying. (Though to hear Terence talk about it, you'd think I'm really at risk. He keeps harping on me not being hydrated enough and how he's afraid I'm going to have kidney failure if I don't drink a gallon of water right before the race. I keep trying to explain to him that a woman who has had four kids can't run with a bladder full to bursting without leaking all over herself but he just doesn't get it.)

Anyway, wish me luck . . . exactly 66 hours and 21 minutes from now, I will begin one of the most crazy undertakings of my entire life.

Comments

Ashlie Dalton said…
Wow, that came fast *says the girl that hasn't been training for the past 6 months...*. How exciting! I wish I could be there to watch and cheer you on!
Good luck, and I'm sure you will do wonderfully!
Anonymous said…
Man, isn't there anyway that we can get a picture or preview of this triathlon? I too would love to be there cheering! You are an awesome and brave lady for doing this. It takes a lot of fortitude and courage! A few more of your many talents. Good luck and we will be cheering from our computers.
by: Kim said…
You will do great. Just keep thinking positive thoughts. You have worked hard and it will pay off for you. I wish we could be there to cheer you on. We will be there in spirit. Good Luck!!!
kristi said…
You will do AWESOME!!!!

Just imagine yourself as the "Little Engine that Could"!!

We will be cheering you on from here!
Kaycee said…
I am excited for you!! you will do awesome! I would be nervous too. But you have been training your butt off, so you will do great!
I was laughing about the bladder, 4 kids and wetting your pants. I know how that is!
Good luck! Can't wait to hear all about it!
VKMyers said…
You're awesome and I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck!

Popular Posts