Bridle Those Passions, Eh?

You know I've read and loved the Twilight series, right? I'm sure I've made that clear on here before. And I cheated on bedrest to go see the movie last year, and I do have plans to go see New Moon. So for you diehard Twilight fans, this is not a bash on the vampire love fantasy, OK?

But seriously, ladies! Some of you "Twilight Moms" are really embarrassing the rest of us!!!!!

Today I listened to a clip from an interview with Taylor Lautner. If you don't know who that is, he plays Jacob Black in the movies. . . and if you don't know who Jacob Black is, either a) you just awoke from a 3 year coma, b) you're a guy or c) you are intentionally trying to stay ignorant of anything Twilight related.

Trust me, I know the boy is cute. I know they were trying to turn him into a sex symbol-- I've seen the movie previews where he is shirtless and my jaw did drop. But please, please when you go with your teenage daughter to get his autograph, don't ask him if he will sign your "Team Taylor" undies! (Yes, Taylor Lautner reported that some lady did this. Worse, she asked if she could take them off first.) That is just disgusting and wrong. Besides, the boy is only seventeen years old! Now, if some forty-something man went up to a 17-year-old starlet and proceeded to take off his underwear and ask her to sign them, we would call him a pervert or a pedophile and possibly haul him off to jail. At the very least he would earn a reputation as a "dirty old man."

Just because you are female doesn't make it any less disturbing, ladies.

Let's face it, most of us like Twilight because it does allow us to live vicariously in a romance with some really hot guys who best of all, are utterly devoted to us. After all, our husbands probably wouldn't refuse to go on living if we died, and if you have been married for any length of time, it may be difficult to get your husband to look away from the TV and notice you once in awhile. (Worse, maybe you want him to keep staring at the TV and ignoring you!) But let's keep this in the realm of strict fantasy, hmmm? No stalking the actors and humiliating yourself in front of the world!

Comments

Abby said…
Amen. I liked the series, too, but I never did understand the obsession. I guess that's because I'm more of a vampire story chick than a romance chick in general, but still. They're not THAT great for heaven's sake.
Kaycee said…
hahaha! good post. I got a little caught up with Edward, and had dreams about him. But that is how far as it got. crazy people out there!
Brooke said…
I completely agree. I don't even know who Jacob Black is. I'm definitely not disappointed with my ignorance in the Twilight arena.

Popular Posts