Completely Actually Going Insane

I was completely freezing standing in the slowly filling swimming pool while taking leaves from the filter basket and actually thinking of more important things like who was doing the laundry and whether I would be eating nothing for dinner but a single leaf of lettuce for the second night in a row, when suddenly I noticed it was starting to snow.


Right now I am suffering through the slow torture of helping M with her spelling homework. She has to take each of the words, look up the definition, write a sentence, underline the root word, and then identify the parts of speech. And some part of me thought I would never have to do this again once I got out of school! Of course, I'm not actually doing the work. (Mostly. M would take fifty years if she was the one to look up the words and wade through all the definitions. Plus, what eight year old knows what a present participle is?)

Anyway, while she has been working on her part, I've been entertaining myself by finding a way to use all her spelling words in one sentence. It's killed a little bit of the time. Only six more words to go.

Please let us both survive it!

Comments

Kaycee said…
you are funny! cute post
by: Kim said…
Yeah you dont realize when you are having your children that when they go to school you do to. Mine are in Middle and High school and it is still the same. But alot of it is harder than I remember when I was in school.
Ashlie Dalton said…
funny, i remember my parents helping me with this stuff. i'm nervous to hear that i'll be doing it again in a few years w/cole & max. :(

Popular Posts