Embrace the Chaos

I'm back to taking Facebook quizzes again.  There was a time when I first joined Facebook, oh, five years or so ago, when I first discovered the quizzes and had a blast figuring out what romantic comedy my life was, what kind of pet I should get, what Harry Potter character I was.  Some of the quizzes were better made than others.  I even got inspired by some of the truly dreadful ones and created my own "Which Jane Austen heroine are you?"  quiz.   But like all fads it faded and I forgot there even was such a thing.

Now, when I have a free moment or two, I will occasionally try one of the Buzzfeed or Zimbio quizzes.  I took one recently that had a question along the lines of "Your memoir would have which title . . . " and my answer was something along the lines of "How I Came to Love My Mess."

Yep, I'm looking around my house this morning, and I'm definitely surrounded by a mess.  Most of it isn't my mess exactly, unless you include the fact that I brought the five little mess-makers into existence.

But how to come to love it?  Can anyone come to love shredded and soaked wads of toilet paper coating the bathroom floor?  Embrace toys covered in butter and scattered on the floor?  Appreciate having to wade through mounds of dirty clothes mixed with the freshly clean and folded ones they dumped on the floor?

I need to find a way to love it because I don't have the time right now to fix it.

The sergeant's test is bearing down on us and I'm frantically trying to get the rest of Terence's practice tests put together for his cramming sessions this weekend.  I have a race on Saturday and M has the Culture Celebration in honor of our new temple in Gilbert.  It's the nearly the end of the quarter for the kiddos with big projects (science fair) due.

I just need to love my mess until spring break.  Then maybe we can do some massive spring cleaning.

Taking a deep breath and plunging back in.  "Oh how lovely was the morning, even with dirty dishes everywhere...."

Comments

Kaycee said…
I love how you describe your mess. sounds like my home. I don't know how to love your mess. LOL

Popular Posts