Another Edition of Random

Just some random thoughts swirling around in my brain today!
  • A sure sign S is a child of the digital age: at the grocery store the other day I heard her call out "Oh nooooooo!  The GPS is not working!"
  • I caused a near riot in our house tonight by demanding that the kids each choose only 5 stuffed animals to keep (other than their Build-a-Bears, since those were kind of pricey).  You'd think I'd asked one child to amputate her limbs.  Seriously, 25 stuffed animals is more than enough for any house.
  • M spent an hour on the phone with a classmate working on homework last week.  I didn't know she would be willing to talk so long to someone outside the family!
  • I used a voucher for over $50 at Walmart that I got using the savings catcher app.  Super easy money saver for someone who hates to price match or bother with coupons.  Thanks, Kristi, for cluing me in to that!
  • J wears one ankle sock and one crew sock (that goes halfway up his calf) each day.  He says he likes to mix and match.  Okaaaay.  I guess I did weird fashion stuff as a kid too.
  • I'm having an easier time mentally coping with the latest foot injury, even though I'm facing weeks in the boot again.  Possibly because I just went through this and I know it won't last forever.  It hurts more this time though.  Ugh.
  • B is by far my child who is most concerned about the rest of the family.  She wanted to encourage everyone to do better at the chores (which is kind of funny because she herself is the worst about getting chores done) so she made up a chore chart for the family and she is giving stickers to her siblings (and herself) for getting their chores done.  She says she plans to give them money for it from what she has earned from Grandma. . . the only one of my kids who ever thinks of giving something she earned to her brothers or sisters.
  • K is a reader!  He hit the benchmarks the school requires to move on to 1st grade.  He knows his first list of sight words and can sound out simple words on his own.  He even takes a turn during family scripture study (with a lot of help).
  • Monsoon season seems to have shown up early to the desert.  We're having the thunderstorms and dust storms, anyway.  No humidity.  My favorite kind of stormy weather! 
  • One more month of school.  This is the month of final projects, end-of-year celebrations, and lots of stuff for me to keep straight in my head.  I can't wait for summer break!!

Comments

Popular Posts