Missing

I feel the need for some connection tonight.  Actually, I should probably hang it up and just go to bed (I'm pretty exhausted) but I have to stay up another 40 minutes and see if any of my kids actually earn a dollar for going to sleep by 9:30.  (Judging by the sounds from the bedrooms, I highly doubt it's going to happen.)

I use to get enough of a dosage of socializing just by facebook (that's plenty for an introvert).  Considering that today I ran with my sister this morning, and then ate dinner at my parents' house tonight, I shouldn't be feeling so lonely for some adult conversation.  It's not really conversation I'm missing I guess.  It's knowing what's going on in my friends' lives.

It's facebook I'm missing.

The blog is nice if I still want to come and ramble some of my thoughts out loud (like I used to occasionally do on facebook), but I don't know all the little details of what's going on with everyone around me.  That's a good thing (and a major part of why I left my social media world dangling) but sometimes I wish I knew how people are doing without having to call them up on the phone or run into them in person.

Are my friends healthy?  Are they doing anything exciting?  Is anyone pregnant?  Is anyone going through something horrific I should know about?

Clueless.  That's me.

I still won't go back.  The peace in my life and the extra time for more important things are too vital.  Oh, I pop in once in a very blue moon (usually to use my computer to type a PM to someone, only to notice someone's major announcement on a post on the top of my feed).  I will probably post when the e-books go live and when I finish the marathon (I think I can, I think I can!)  But for the most part I'm going to remain absentee from facebook.

The downside is that occasionally I have nights like tonight, where I miss knowing what all my friends and family are up to.

I hope you are doing well.  I hope you are enjoying your Saturday evening.  I hope you know I care about you guys even if I am not monitoring the newsfeed and commenting on your posts anymore.

Tonight I'm missing you extra hard.

Comments

Kami said…
Heidi!!
I love you! All is well in my world and I have done the same thing by purging FaceBook from my life. Things in Idaho are lovely. You are lovely! And I can't wait to hear of your marathon triumph. Keep up the great and glorious work my dear. We'll talk soon-
Kami
Lissy said…
Good for you! I've been back and forth about it, but leaning towards ditching it too. If my family was all local I definitely would. Just been trying to keep it minimal. Personal communications are so much better!

Popular Posts