Writing Matters

I hereby declare my intention to win NaNoWriMo 2015, even if it means my family eats a truckload of frozen pizza and S watches all 5 seasons of My Little Pony.

Look at me, getting all official about it.  Well, I set up my page for NaNoWriMo today. (That's "National Novel Writing Month" if you're goggling at that word.  No worries, I've been there.)  I'm rather more seriously pursuing the writing thing at the moment, prompted by a long-dreaded event in our family: we had to get a new car.  I'll blog about it later (when the whole thing is over-- we're almost there but not quite) because it's been rather traumatic for me.  Anyway, we are now in the position of needing to come up with a car payment.  My piano teaching will cover most of it...but of course I was using the piano money for other things, so I have this fire burning under me to make some money off of my writing, at least enough for the monthly car payment.  Part of that is getting stuff up, and part of it is getting more stuff written.  So here it goes.

As for Corizen and Legend, they will be going up on Amazon, possibly on other ebook venues some time next year.  I have a pro helping me with formatting and new covers so that's exciting!  The Quintan Edge is still being revised, but hopefully it will be ready shortly thereafter.  (Hopefully you are still willing to copy edit for me, Pete!  I'm about a whole year later than when I originally asked.)

If you have always had a hankering to try and write a novel, I highly suggest trying the NaNoWriMo challenge.  Yes, November is usually a busy month, not the best time to try and write 50k words in 30 days.  (Honestly, who chose November?  Someone with no children or at least any holiday season responsibilities.  Maybe they had five days off school for Thanksgiving and didn't have to do any cooking or entertaining so it seemed the perfect month for it?)  However, it is awesome to have all the community support and to get to keep updating that word counter and earning badges for making progress.  Very motivating!  If by chance you do join, you can add me as a writing buddy.  My NaNoWriMo handle is mirada11.

Now, I'm off to do more work on this writing stuff.  I've got a short window before my next piano lesson.  Onward!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ready, willing and able!! I'm glad my gardening/bottling is winding down!!
Just send it on over. Hugs!! And good luck/prayers your way! Of course, I know you can do it!!

Popular Posts