Random Thoughts for the Week

The halfway mark is officially hit!

Yes!!!

I logged in my NaNoWriMo word count today as 26,864 words today.  That's a huge milestone for me.  Especially since I'm still trying my best to hold my normal life together, and I've been fighting the blues all week.  (Hormonal, I'm pretty sure.)

This year I encouraged M to join the Nano Young Writers program, which is basically the same thing I'm doing only everyone's under 18 and they get to set their own word count.  M was reluctant at first (though she writes oodles of fanfiction) but she set a goal of 15,000 words and then actually dove in.

It's been both a good thing and a terrible thing at the same time.  The good?  Watching my daughter continue to develop her writing talent.  The terrible thing?  My 14 year old is not sleeping.  Really not sleeping.  Between homework, writing, piano, church activities, and her recent addiction to Yu-gi-oh episodes, M is averaging like 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night.  One morning I woke her up at 5:30 only to hear from Terence that she had still been awake at 4am when he had gotten home from work.

This is insanity.

Really, all the girls all doing terrible in the sleep department.  There doesn't seem to be much I can do about it.  I've tried so many different suggestions.

They. Just. Don't. Go. To. Sleep.

I don't know what to do.  This can't be healthy, but you can't force kids to go to sleep.  I mean, I could drug them I guess, but that seems to be exchanging one kind of problem for another.  Right?

Anyway, there's no guarantee that M would be sleeping more if she wasn't doing nanowrimo.  But I still feel a little guilty anyway.

We've also been battling the flu around here.  Tons of fun.  S ran a fever on her 4th birthday.  Poor baby.  But the one who seems to have been hit the hardest is me.  More than a week later and I still am coughing horribly and feeling tired and weak.  At least the horrible headaches and neckache that came with it are gone.  I'm counting my blessings.

Oh yeah, it's November when everybody does those gratitude things.  Eh, just take my word for it.  I'm grateful for a gazillion things, even if I don't publicly list them.

Alright, I'm going to get off my computer and get out my kids to hike.  The weather is beautiful out here in Phoenix.  Hooray for the outdoor weather time!

Happy November, everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts