Farewell, 2015~

I've had a really good year.

(Maybe adding two or three more "really"s to that statement would be in order.)

Even so I'm not sad to say goodbye to 2015.  What can I say, I'm a forward-looking kind of girl.  I look around my home and see my children happily hanging out playing video games or watching Netflix or playing with toys, and my husband is off working a normal shift tonight, and it probably looks like a depressing way to spend New Year's Eve to outsiders.  But it's not.  I'm surrounded by love and contentment, and for the moment, no stress.  Every so often S climbs up next to me to kiss my cheek again (she's wearing lip gloss and loves to leave little lips prints on my cheek).  What more could I ask for?

We had some low points this year, but when I think back I can't think of anything too challenging.  The loss of Peanut and the MPV and half the ward at the beginning of the year.  A good dose of regularly persistent stress.  Other than that, our family has been navigating life with only the normal bumps and bruises.  It's amazing how much easier it's gotten in some ways now that my kids are older.  Certainly my depression has been worlds better.  I've only had a few cases of the blues, nothing long lasting or serious at all.

My overall goal for 2016 is to see if I can banish the anxiety also.  We'll see.

What else is on the docket for 2016?

Hmmm.  Going to Disneyland on a girls' trip with my mom and sisters.  No kids!  (This is my 40th birthday present.)  Running my first marathon in February.  Amy and I have been training faithfully and haven't been completely derailed yet.  Fingers crossed.  Publishing Legend and Corizen and Quintan Edge in ebook form and finishing the new half written novel.  Sending M off to high school (that's a scary, anxiety-provoking thought right there!)  A trip to Mississippi sometime if we can get the stars to align just right.  Getting my own handgun and learning how to shoot, possibly getting my concealed carry permit.  Simplifying next Christmas season so I don't lose my mind.  A worthy goal, that.

Goodbye, 2015!!  Welcome, 2016!  Happy New Year, everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts