RenFest Recap

One of our spring traditions is to visit the Arizona Renaissance Festival.  Last year we didn't make it, but this year we ended up with tickets just in time to go on the very last Saturday it was open.  I gave my normal rules to the kids: they could choose one activity/game/ride or I would contribute $5 to whatever souvenir they were buying with their own money.  Plus I would buy lunch, pay for them to paint at the ceramic place, and get a treat at the end.  (Those ground rules seem to eliminate constant whining and pleading.)  Then we spent four hours wandering around while the kids decided what they wanted to do.  S chose to ride the dragon slide, B chose to do the Pirate Catapult, while the others all wanted $5 toward their souvenirs (J & K & B all spent their money on dragons; M wanted elf ears for her Link costume).  It was a very warm day and I had my moments of wondering if I'd lost my mind to take all the kids by myself (especially as we trekked around trying to find a vendor selling ocarinas-- no luck there), but overall it was quite a good trip.

I do have one fearless child!

I had to do the Pirate Catapult too.  It's so much fun!

I had to snap this pic super quick because everyone kept switching places.
We are dragon lovers.  Now everyone but S has at least one.






































Goodbye, Renaissance Festival!  We are sad to see you go, but oh so glad to get Daddy home on Sundays again.  Til next year!

Comments

Popular Posts