Book Review

I recently read a book that begs to be shared, and I don't have the time to blog exactly (it is crunch time before the birthday party), so I'll post my Goodreads review here. If you are one of those people who hears Benghazi mentioned and wonders what the big deal is, this is a good book to read and get an idea of why it matters without having political arguments thrown in your face.


 13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened In Benghazi13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened In Benghazi by Mitchell Zuckoff
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a harrowing account from the point of view of the security officers who went to the rescue of those at the consulate in Benghazi during the attack in 2012. It is not political (in the sense that the book does not try to take sides in the polarized national debate about what happened or did not happen in the White House or with the Secretary of State). However, I was both appalled by some of the decisions that were made that cost lives and deeply moved by those who showed tremendous courage to save the lives of others. Definitely worth my time. Be forewarned that this is a true account of a serious attack, and there will be strong language and some disturbing, graphic incidents.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts