Snippets of Reality

Lest you think that my life is charmed (some people have this crazy idea that I have stuff together or that our family life is magazine-perfect), I thought I'd share a picture collage from last night.  This was a pretty typical Monday night-- I didn't stage anything or pick up the house first or even tell the kids to smile for the camera.  I was in stealth mode (mostly-- B caught on that I was taking a picture).

Here goes:







Basically, we have a lot of homework, kids who should be doing homework (c'mon, K), a kid pretending to do homework, and one who finished early so he could play games on his phone.  Plus a husband who bailed me out after I took the front panel off the washer to clear the drain trap (stupid Whirlpool Duets and their sock-swallowing issues) only to find that the socks were not blocking anywhere I could get to.


S was amazed that her socks have been plugging up the drain pump.  I was not amazed, but how often can you clear smelly, tattered socks out of the bowels of the washer before you give up washing socks altogether?

Actually, my house looks cleaner in the pictures than it does in person.  Hmmm.  Maybe I should view my house from the phone screen more often.  Crops out a bunch of the mess.  Still, it gives a good idea of life around here.

 Just a normal, average, unglamorous, exhausting Monday!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love this! Yep, reminds me all those years ago of my 5.

Popular Posts