Break Time!

I've had a little time to breathe today for the first time in, oh, probably a month.  It was nice!  I did make it to the gym in the morning, and other than some laundry and a library trip and a driving practice session with M, I didn't tackle much in the way of chores.  So what did I spend all day doing?

Re-reading my latest novel (working title as of now: Rift).  I found a few things that I need to edit, which is good, but mostly I'm not supposed to be reading it right now!  I have beta readers who are supposed to be doing that.  My job is to be working on finishing the first draft of novel #5.  But I was just checking out the beginning this morning, wondering if it would make sense to a reader who hasn't read The Quintan Edge (i.e. novel #3), and I got caught up in the story and found myself unable to put it down.

Well.

Funny how my own book could do that.  It's not like I don't know how it's going to end . . . .

It's possible that my brain just really, really needed a break.  Or maybe this book is my best yet!?  (Maybe I should think positively.)

It's definitely summer here in the valley now.  And summer makes me lazy and tired and wanting to curl up in my house and read.  Yeah, we'll get out to swim (I finally got my pool key activated, supposedly, after weeks of my phone calls/emails being ignored) and of course I'll still get out to run (as I type this Terence is mocking me for my tendency to run in any kind of weather, even thunderstorms).  But the heat just saps my energy by about 10:00am.  Fortunately, June is probably my calmest month of the year.

I can't wait.   Summer break at last!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts