Life Intervenes Again, on Steroids

What a week.

At some point, I will be able to blog about it.  Not quite yet.  I'm still too tired, too raw, and too overwhelmed.  There will even be parts that will be humorous when I get some distance (like the whole fiasco with the van and Walmart and B holding my phone up as a flashlight while I try to figure out how to remove a battery after watching a YouTube video).

But in the meantime, hold your loved ones close.  You never know when suddenly life may end. We lost a friend this week, and the hole is looming large, and the need to be there for the rest of the family is overshadowing everything else. What mattered even a week ago suddenly seems much less important.

So much of this life is fleeting, but that doesn't make it any less difficult.  Especially the stuff that involves death.  But my new mantra (borrowed from Kristi) is "I can do hard things."  It goes hand in hand with my favorite scripture: Doctrine & Covenants 6:36-- "Look unto me in everything thought; doubt not, fear not."

I am putting my trust in God, and I will go forward in that trust, not living in doubt nor fear.  With His help, we can do hard things.  Even conquer death.  We will see Alex again.  I know it.

Comments

Popular Posts