It's March!!!

The only thing that made February bearable was its brevity.

Poor February.

Normally I don't mind it so much.  February is kind of insane (but honestly, what month around here isn't nowadays) but here in the valley, the weather is usually beautiful, and I make up for the insanity by getting outside as much as possible.

I didn't get to hike once.  In fact, my parks pass expired without me even realizing it because even when I had a moment to consider hiking, the weather sucked.  It decided to actually be winter here in the low desert, which let me tell you, I did NOT move to Arizona for the rain, let alone the snow! 

Of course, it wasn't just the weather (obviously I've hiked in the rain before and survived).  It was the insanely packed schedule, plus the hours I spent as homework warden helping M stay focused on her marathon grind to finish her online art history class.  (She put in a semester's worth of work in six weekends).  But now we are finally at the point where she is finished, and life can go back to normal.  Normalish.  We have another week of midterms and end of quarter projects and then we are on spring break.  Whew!!!

March is a breather month for us.  Spring break gives me a week long recess from all the driving, and the weather is usually nice enough for my mood to perk up.  Usually I throw in some kind of home improvement project.  This year we need to paint the exterior of the house.  Fortunately, we are hiring someone to do that, so all I have to do is pick out the color scheme and get it approved by the HOA.  Not very labor intensive.

This month I also have to finish up my revisions on two books so they are ready to go to the editor in April.  Once again  I have been swinging between excitement and crippling self-doubt.  Luckily every time I am tempted to throw this writing thing out the window, Terence wades in and slays my (mental) dragons for me.  He believes in me when I don't believe in myself!

That's pretty much the state of the writer/mom/desert dweller.  Happy spring, everyone!!!  (And for those of you who won't see spring for another couple of months, hang in there!)

Comments

Popular Posts