Down the Vacation Memory Rabbit Hole


One of my two--wait, three-- jobs (paid ones) right now is to edit and send out a company newsletter for my dad every week.  He decided for the next coming few weeks to repost his original account of our trip-through-Hades in a motorhome about eleven years ago.  His account focuses on the spectacular customer service fails (after all, these are articles written for business) but it reminded me that I wrote a long, detailed version of my own experience during the trip, one that was far more personal.  I went back and read the whole thing this morning, and it made me cringe in horror.  However, eleven years later there is some fun nostalgia attached to the memories as well.  The kids actually had a great time (well, M & J did-- B only remembers the playground accident and that I wouldn't let her eat her whole box of Whoppers, and K was only eight months old so he has zero memories of it).  If nothing else, it has given our family some great stories!  I figured I'd share, for those of you who may not have heard the story-- or for those of you who would like to revisit it in a painless manner. (Possibly my mom won't want to revisit it in any manner!!)

#1 - Leavitt Lampoon's Vacation

#2- LLV Day One: Camping at Camp Verde

#3- LLV Day Two: Destination Kanab

#4- LLV Day Three: Beaver Bound

#5- LLV Day Three, Part II: Limping to the End

#6- LLV Day Four: The Whole Point of It

#7- LLV Day Five: Misery Does End


I should just add, since it is never mentioned in the blog posts, that El Monte RV never refunded my parents any money or compensated them in any way for their epic failure in customer service.  As you can imagine, we have never, ever rented a RV again!!


Comments

Popular Posts