One Reason I Won't Move to Mississippi



Yes, there really are alligators:

This one came swimming right toward us at Leroy Percy State Park. Granted, we were up on an observation deck (and there was a fence down below.) Still, that fence was awfully flimsy looking. And the "Don't Feed the Gators" sign was out by the creek, where people actually hop into little fishing dinghies. Thanks, but no thanks!!!
Anyway, our trip out to visit Terence's family was adventurous, wearisome, irritating, entertaining, and worth it in the end (just like any other family vacation). Some thoughts on the trip to come soon. . . .

Comments

kristi said…
I'm so glad you are home! I've missed you!!!! :)
Anonymous said…
I ditto Kristi. I think we've all missed you Heidi. Your blogs are always so insightful and entertaining. How close were you to the gulf? I'll bet that WAS an adventure.
Lissy said…
I'm with you on that reason - Yikes!
Ashlie Dalton said…
ew scary! can't wait to hear details!
mom said…
Yep, I think gators make scorpions look easy! Welcome home-
Kaycee said…
good reason!
Can't wait to hear more.

Popular Posts