Growing Pains

This morning I was sitting at the computer (wasting time playing Gardens of Time on Facebook) when I heard little feet padding into the room. I was surprised because why on earth would B be voluntarily awake at 7:30am? But when I turned around I was even more surprised to find that K had wandered in.

I guess K can get out of his crib now.

Really, I shouldn't be surprised. He is absolutely fearless when climbing on things, and the rest of my kids were all scrambling out of the crib by about 18 months old. K was a positive slowpoke compared to that, especially for an otherwise adventurous little soul. Still, I was hoping he would go on for awhile longer being content to hang out in the crib. Makes life easier when you have somewhere to contain a little mess-maker.

Oh well.

After climbing out of the crib he went on to help himself to a pancake. Fortunately, he did not try to do the syrup on his own this time. Then he pestered me with "Pray, pray!" until I came into to say a blessing on the food with him. He's growing up so much-- I keep getting shocked into realizing that he's not a baby anymore.

There are some definite differences with K getting older than with my other kids though. It must come with having older siblings. He's much more likely to scream bloody murder when he doesn't get his way. I suppose that's because he's used to having to make himself heard over complete pandemonium. He's also far more likely to hit than any of my other kids have been. Possibly another thing he's picked up from his older and pushier siblings. The oddest thing for me has been his taste in movies. My other toddlers have all been enamored of things like Elmo and Baby Einstein and Disney movies. K does like Elmo and Baby Einstein and some Disney movies (especially Cars). But if he gets the chance to pick a movie on his own, what does he pick?

One of the live action Spider-man movies. You know, the ones with Tobey Maguire in them.

Not exactly your usual toddler fare, right? (Especially for a little boy who is terrified by the monkey in Toy Story 3.) But K is constantly bringing me a Spider-man DVD and saying something that sounds like "Pot Potter." (I finally realized he was trying to tell me "Peter Parker.")

He's also been a big fan of Star Wars, but we had to nip that one in the bud for awhile when he started taking J's toy lightsaber and attacking his siblings with it. Poor B, who just loves K to death, has been bonked on the head one too many times. The joys of raising a son!

Comments

Kaycee said…
sounds like Kyle is watching his older siblings and wants to be like and watch what they like. That is cute.

Popular Posts