Wish List

Well, we're up and started on yet another busy day. Today we have the dentist for all the kids and open house/science fair for the school kids so it's going to be a long one. I skipped the gym this morning. . . I've found that even though I'm only exercising for about 30 minutes, and I try to take it easy, it really wipes me out and I can't afford that today.

(How, how do women keep up exercising when they're pregnant? I've heard stories of athletes who keep nearly to their normal workouts, of joggers who keep running until they're seven months pregnant. How do they do this? It's not like I was a couch potato before I got pregnant. I would think I was in pretty good shape, but apparently growing a baby and cardio workouts are not something my body can handle at the same time.)

Anyway, on to a couple of baby items that I've wanted but have never sprung for:

1. A jogging stroller-- Not just any jogging stroller, but rather one of these:




Yes, it is a BOB and it is waaaay out of my allotted budget for jogging strollers (i.e. $0). But if I'm going to get a jogging stroller I want one of the good ones.

2. A video monitor--
I'm less picky about this one, seeing as I haven't researched anything or heard anything about particular video monitors yet. But ever since M there have been times when I really, really wanted to be able to see in the room without opening the door. Mostly so I can make sure that a crying baby is not stuck in the slats of the crib. (Happened with M once and it was traumatic for both of us. Her poor little leg was bruised and swollen.) See, one of the big arsenals in our tool has been letting our kids cry it out and go to sleep on their own, which has worked really well for us. They learn to get to sleep on their own, which means when they wake up in the night they can get themselves back to sleep without help from mommy, daddy, or a bottle. An important ability if you want your kids to "sleep through the night." (Babies, just like adults, can wake up for a few minutes in the middle of the night, even when they're not hungry. If they can go back to sleep on their own, you'll probably never even know.)


That's it for my wish list. A short one, right? Still might as well be a hundred item list. One reality about having your fifth baby when you're getting by on a cop's salary is that you really have to prioritize between your needs and your wants. But if anyone out there happens to be tired of their BOB jogger and wants it to go to a home where it will be loved and used . . . think of me!!!!

Comments

Kaycee said…
I've wanted a video monitor too.
It is hard to work out when your pregnant. I think you are doing great with all the work with kids and house, you don't want to do too much.

Popular Posts