Batten Down the Hatches!

I'm soooo ready for the kids to be done with school.  At moments I even have butterflies, just like I'm the student looking forward to a carefree summer vacation.  It's not that we have a bunch of exciting stuff planned.  It's just that when it's 108 degrees outside, I really don't feel like doing anything.  Getting the kids to school and picked up and shepherding them through homework. . . I just don't feel like it.

Of course they don't feel like it either.  Good thing they're not old enough for finals yet!

Just a few more days.  We can make it!  Then, our hibernation season begins.  Hibernation is as good a description as any.  We will blockade ourselves in our house, blocking out as much sunlight as possible because much as I love the sun, I don't love a baking hot house.  We'll run the A/C as much as we can possibly afford and pretend we are human popsicles.  (OK, it never gets cold enough in our house to make us freeze.  Maybe if we go to the movies or something.)  We'll try to do our grocery shopping at the crack of dawn or after dark so my Fudgesicles don't melt into a gooey pool before we get home.  And assuming I can get my right arm and my left shoulder working again, I plan to live in the pool as much as possible.

Time to hunker down, Sonoran Desert dwellers.  The merciless summer temperatures are upon us.  For all the rest of you, it's almost time to enjoy your outdoor summer fun!  As for us, we'll return to regular outdoor life again in November.

Comments

Popular Posts