Reviewing and Remembering

Fare thee well, August!  In just about an hour, August 2013 will melt away and turn into September.  Once upon a time, September used to mean Indian Summers and back to school and our yearly trip to Disneyland.  I always liked September.

Well, September has slid down my list a bit.  It's a tough month for us desert transplants.  It seems like it should be fall; everywhere else is cooling down, after all.  Heck, Halloween decorations are already taking over the stores.  Yet we still have weeks and weeks of hot weather ahead of us.  I don't mind the heat in August so much-- August is supposed to be hot.  But I start to get tired of it about halfway through September (and downright irascible about the heat in October).  Ah well.  That's the price I pay to enjoy a beautiful January, I guess.

Did you know that I have now been blogging for five years???  I started this blog back in August 2008.  It seems a little strange that so much time has passed so quickly.  I spent quite a bit of time this evening perusing some of the oldest entries and got quite a kick out of remembering B as a little destructive terror.  It also reminded me that I am soooo grateful that I am not on bedrest.

Five years ago, our family had yet to meet K and S.  I had not gone through my successful weight loss journey yet.  I had not turned into the dedicated exerciser-- I was still dead-set against any kind of jogging-- and the idea of doing a triathlon hadn't entered my wildest dreams.  I hadn't finished or published my novels yet.  I hadn't started teaching piano yet.

So many changes over the years.  But some big things haven't changed-- my dedication to living my beliefs and trying to be a better person every day, my happily-married-to-Terence status, feeling overwhelmed when it comes to the bedtime stretch of the day.  I guess that means I'm still the same person after all.

I wonder what will be the same and what will be different in five more years?  Will I still be blogging in 2018?  (Holy moly, I'll have a nearly 17 year old by then.)  Where do you think you will be?  What will be different and what will be the same?

Comments

Kaycee said…
I started following your blog, when you were on bed rest with Kyle. you have kept me entertained for all those years! I hope you keep blogging for the next 5 years!!
I should go back and read my blogs. then I might be able to answer those questions.

Popular Posts