Facing Her Fear

I so rarely post videos, but here I'm giving you two in a row.  Actually, I'm posting this one specifically for my dad.  It's a video of M's first piano recital (back during our end of school madness), and my dad wasn't able to be there to hear her.  You may not know this, but my dad is a very talented pianist.  I am merely passable (though I'm sure I would improve if I practiced more) but my dad's talent seems to have poked up with M.  Of all the piano students I've had over the years (which is quite a few), M has had the most expressive ability.  She is beyond my ability now and has moved on to lessons with my aunt Becky, who is a far more accomplished pianist (and teacher) than I will ever be.  Becky doesn't take just anybody, so I was so glad she was willing to teach M!

The recital was very terrifying for M; she is quite shy and performing in front of strangers nearly paralyzed her with fright.  But as you'll see, she managed marvelously for all that:



Comments

Anonymous said…
That was really fun! I love going to my grandkids' recitals. Marianne IS good. I loved her choices too. Thanks for postsing!
Kaycee said…
That was good! I wish my kids could play an instrument.

Popular Posts