Update

The news at the doctor's today for my foot did not make for a happy day.

I just want to be back to normal.  But what is normal?  Everybody has so much going on in their life.  In the big scheme of things, what does it matter if I still can't exercise or run in my races?  If I have to wear either a hulking boot or a so-tight-it-makes-my-foot numb brace for weeks, and then do physical therapy?  Things could be so much worse.  But somehow telling myself that things could be so much worse doesn't do a thing to make me feel better right now.  Neither does reminding myself that nobody likes a whiner throwing a pity party.

Tomorrow I'll gird up my loins and wade into more weeks of patiently hobbling around with at least some amount of stoicism and optimism.  But tonight I think I might have to have a good cry and a soak in a tub.

Comments

Popular Posts