I Am a Dragon Slayer!




This is the official winner pic they gave to all of us who "won" NaNoWriMo 2014.  I did it!!!!  My story is still very rough (and lacking an ending-- my characters are in the middle of the final catastrophe of the book and I haven't gotten them out yet) but I wracked up over 50,000 words in one month.

Whew!!!

For those who are wondering what this one is about, it's a companion novel to Legend and Corizen (not a direct sequel), with the working title of The Quintan Edge.  Here's my general synopsis:

Jenna Donnell's family is under a curse.  She's lost her brother and her sister to tragic accidents, and she's vowed never to let anyone close to her again.  She puts all her energy into fulfilling her dream of becoming a world-famous architect in the city of Omphalos.  She's started off right-- landing her dream job with the most prestigious architect firm of the planet Zenith.  But to succeed her boss has given her an impossible task-- win the contract of the new resort being built by the wealthiest and most notorious man on the planet by winning the heart of his son Zane.
Jimmy Forrest has been banished from his home planet of Terra, shipped off to backwoods Zenith to stay with his father's business partner Lev Quintan.  He is ordered to shape up and become like Zane, the perfect heir to the Quintan-Forrest business empire.    But instead of learning business from Zane, he falls for Zane's gorgeous girlfriend, Jenna.
Zane Quintan is hiding a secret from all around him.  Under intense pressure to get the mysterious Gate finished for the new resort, he's become addicted to a forbidden drug, risking his father's wrath. However, his behavior is becoming more erratic and aggressive.  He won't be able to hide it much longer.  When his girlfriend falls for his friend, all bets are off-- and he may just destroy everything in his path.

Now, this is a tentative book blurb, mind you . . . if I've learned anything from writing the other two, it's that when you revise a novel, sometimes you end up in quite a different direction from what you originally planned (just ask Andie-- she's probably grateful she didn't end up dead after all!)

Now onward into the next season of madness-- here comes December, everyone!  No matter how much I swear every year I'm going keep Christmas simple (and our family does keep it simple, comparatively) I still nearly lose my sanity every year trying to juggle it all.  Good luck, everyone!  (I'm sure we'll all need it!)

Comments

Popular Posts