Christmas Cheer

I'm finally cleared to walk around without a boot-- or even a brace!  (The brace was awful and painful.)  I was sternly warned not to overdo it; that after a month of immobility my ankle will need to build up strength again.  I can feel that.  Boy can I.  Last night we went out to the train park (a yearly tradition) to see the Christmas lights and I was on my feet for several hours.  By the end of the night I wanted to yowl.  My foot hurt, my calf was on fire, and I was starting to get discouraged again.  But this morning it doesn't feel too bad and I am going to try riding the bike and see how it goes.  Better pop a couple of Aleve first though. . . .

In other news, I'm almost ready for Christmas.  I was able to sleep in this morning, a rare and wondrous blessing.  (In fact, all of my kids except M are still asleep.)  That's the one benefit of not being able to put 90 minutes of working out into my day; I get a bit more sleep.  Anyway, all the presents are taken care of and I have some wrapping to do, but nothing too difficult there.  Today is a treat-making day so we can deliver some goodies to our friends and neighbors, plus a trip to see more Christmas lights this evening with my sister's family.

At the moment no one is sick (knock on wood) other than the never-ending colds that seem to come with the time of year.  Primary is more or less under control (the next two Sundays will be a little crazy but it is what it is, and I'm not going to stress about it yet!)  Terence has to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but we have him home today and then for four days after Christmas, so we'll have some nice family together time.

I'm off to get in that bike ride and then wade into laundry and baking, so have a very Merry Christmas!  I hope it is filled with loved ones and health and peace!

Comments

Popular Posts