Check, Check, Breathe, and Moving Forward

I have eleven minutes until it is time for me to head out to pick up the kids from school, so I thought I'd take a break from my mad dash attempt at cleaning and jot down a few updates.

Life in Heidi's real world is pretty hectic right now.  The imaginary world is suffering, big time.  I meant to actually get caught up on the housework on Saturday so I could sit down and hammer out some plot problems that are haunting me with the Tarentino novel but it never actually happened.  Instead, I spent four hours dealing with S's plunge off her bike at high speed-- three stitches, some glue, and a lollipop and ice cream were the result of that fiasco (I needed the ice cream after that more than S did).  It was a minor injury, considering what it could have been, and S was a total trooper through it all, but it ate up a LOT of my day.  (Said Saturday was already pretty full anyway.)

This week is the final week for wrapping up science fair projects (yippee) and here's the biggie: Marathon Day is this coming Saturday.

Yes, the Phoenix Marathon is less than a week away, and barring something really unfortunate happening (stay away, stupid stomach bug plaguing my friends!) I will be running it with my sister Amy.  I am getting more nervous by the day.  Apparently, Saturday is going to be awfully warm.  Amy and I are "back of the pack" runners (i.e. slow) and this means the very end of our 26 miles we will be running in mid-80's temps.

That is really daunting.  Trust me.  Especially when the race directors email you warning you about the unusually hot weather and how that is going to negatively impact your race and how careful we need to be.  Yeah.  I wonder if I'm going to sleep Friday night at all!

Anyway, my short window is up and I'm off to pick up the kids.  Happy Monday!!

Comments

Popular Posts