My Valentine




A reminder that there are happy long term love stories out there!!

I still marvel that I managed to recognize this gem back in my singles ward days when I was a (relatively) idiotic 23 year old.  I was often just as shallow as the next girl, and what attracted me was the non-essential stuff (Is he really cute?  Does he have a good job/nice car-- or at least a strong prospect of either?  Where does he live?  Is he done with college?) but after having gone through a series of seriously not-right relationships, I saw something in Terence that would make all the difference.

I loved how he made me feel, no doubt (which was like I was a genuine treasure dropped into his lap) but ultimately, I knew-- I knew-- that this was a man with whom I could have an eternal relationship.  Because I knew that he loved God more than me.

That has made all the difference.

Happy Valentine's Day, Terence!!  You are the greatest blessing in my life!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awww, I love this. I hope I get to meet him someday! What a treasure! I'm SO happy for you guys!

Popular Posts