Lifting

This week has gone slightly better.  My mood has been more of a roller coaster than hovering constantly in the cellar, so that's an improvement right?  Just a few more weeks and we'll reach spring break.  A break will be so nice!

First we have to get through the next two weeks.  This one is going to be a bit brutal.  Terence has the worst of it-- he works every single day this week.  Eventually I'll get to spend some time with him again...I think I haven't spent more than 5 minutes at a time with him (awake, anyway) during the last week.  It's the time of year.  He's working the Renaissance Festival and a half dozen other work things keep coming up.  It comes with the job in this area, and you'd think after ten years of it we'd be used to it by now.  I guess I am-- nothing says spring is here like never seeing my husband!

On my end of the busy scale, we have a bunch of big school projects that are due this week (one for each of the elementary/jr high kids) and a topsy turvy school schedule for M, which will mess with our whole routine a couple of days.  I'm trying to mentally get in the groove for it now, so I can go with the flow of general craziness.  We can do this, right???  After all, I conquered the Phoenix half marathon yesterday!

Yep, I had another race.  No, I didn't do the full marathon.  I haven't changed my mind on that front. But I earned the first part of my Phoenix star last year, so I had to keep going!  (The race is doing a promotion where the medals for five years in a row fit together to make a star.  You have to do either the half or full marathon each year from 2016-2020.)  So now I have the "copper" and "cattle" medals.  (Have you heard of the 5 "C's" of Arizona?  Me neither, at least until I had school-aged kids.  Apparently they are the five things that make up the bulk of Arizona's economy: copper, cattle, cotton, citrus, and climate.  Apparently Arizona needs to diversify a bit. . . .)  Anyway, I can't quit now!  This week I'll register for the 2018 race-- the half marathon, mind you.  My knees and ankles and hips ache enough as it is.

I am happy that spring has seemed to arrive in the valley.  I trimmed our overgrown bushes and replaced the dead lantana, and planted the seeds from my grandmother's funeral.  That alone is reason enough to feel like I am coming out of the blues!  This is when I am especially glad I live in the desert.  Spring at the end of February-- what could be better?

Comments

Popular Posts