Adventure Story

It's Easter!

I love Easter.  It's a holiday of hope, of promise that evil does not triumph in the end.

We need that reminder.  Let me shout it because our world is so dark that sometimes I think even good people lose heart and start to worry and fear.

EVIL DOES NOT TRIUMPH IN THE END!

Neither does death.

In the end we will all live again, as Jesus Christ lives again.  I believe this with all my heart.

It gives me hope and helps me to move forward, even when things seem dark (and for whatever reason, they have seemed darker lately).

But we are all in the middle of a great adventure story, one where we can come out triumphant in the end.  The happy ending isn't in doubt.  It will happen.  The only thing in doubt is what part we'll play in the story, which side we will choose in the journey.

To quote Samwise Gamgee in The Lord of the Rings: "Adventures, as I used to call them.  I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for . . . . But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered . . . I expect they had lots of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't.  And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

Are we choosing, like the heroes of an adventure story, to go forward when we have the chance?  The happy ending is there if we do.

I'm choosing to go forward, one slow step at a time.

Comments

Popular Posts