Getting Close

What a day!

I can't wait until I can collapse into bed.  I'm not quite there yet-- I still have laundry that needs to be switched-- but it is getting close.  Every week I tell myself just to hang in there, I'll be able to relax a bit come Saturday, but no, Saturday is jam-packed with stuff I let slide during the week (usually because I was running hither and yon).

The happy news is that I received the final files for The Quintan Edge, and they have now been submitted to Createspace for approval.  That means that we are almost to the point when I can give a hard date for a release.  Nothing like an eight year span between book releases . . . but hey, raising my passel of kids is the full time job.  The writing is my side gig.

Today I spent a lot of time researching and pondering options for J when it comes to high school.  Our original plans-- to send him to the same school as M-- are looking iffy, since we still haven't heard from the school. So we have been trying to find potential alternatives that are reasonable. But the more I try to figure it out, the less clarity I seem to have.  If J had a strong opinion about it, that would make it so much easier.  But he just shrugs when asked what he thinks.  Honestly, if he had the choice, his current school would suddenly phase into high school and he could just keep going there until he graduates.  J likes change even less than I do.

How do you handle decisions like this?  Do you treat them cavalierly-- no matter what you choose, it will all work out for the best somehow?  Do you agonize and research and evaluate and wring your hands until you find it impossible to make a choice?  Something in between?  I used to have a much easier time making decisions.  It was a piece of cake to decide where I wanted to go to college, a scary but straightforward decision when I chose to serve a mission, a no-brainer when I accepted Terence's marriage proposal, almost too easy to decide to leave California behind for the heat of Arizona, and on and on . . . until it involved the kids.

Now I do a lot of hang wringing.  And fretting. And going back and forth.  And sure that whatever decision I make will mess up their lives for all eternity

Calm and peace.  Breathe.  My mom told me tonight (I had a bad anxiety night earlier this evening) that I should take a break and think of a happy memory.  My mom usually has great advice, but I'm not so great about taking it (as you can see, here I am typing a blog post rather than revisiting happy memories).

I need a little more of the blase "It will all work out!" attitude that carried me around when I was younger!

Comments

Popular Posts