That Song BETTER End....

What a week!

Before I collapse into bed (tomorrow morning starts bright and early at 4 am) I'm jotting down a few thoughts from my overloaded jumble of consciousness:

  • Soundproof glass dividers should be standard in minivans.  Yes, yes, this has occurred to me before but when you drive a van full of girls up to camp (and a three hour drive turns into a five-plus hour drive) there are only so many repetitions of "this is the song that doesn't end, it goes on and on, my friend" that you can handle before you want to brain yourself against the steering wheel.
  • Driving through the Salt River Canyon on US 60 is not for wimps.  And 9 year old boys who need dramamine to make it through this drive without puking should not play video games during those tortuous switchbacks or the meds may not be enough to prevent a severe case of carsickness.
  • Bears can get into dumpsters and make an enormous racket.  However, if you have suffered through a delay-filled trip with a carload of kids which resulted in a splitting headache, you will sleep like the dead and miss all the bear excitement.
  • There is something both super sweet and a little bit heartbreaking when your 6 year old daughter crawls into your lap and says, "I miss Daddy, so so much."  (I missed him too.)
  • It is awesome luck when you happen to go for a walk next to a stream right when the game and fish department is stocking it with ginormous catfish.  They may even let your kids hold a catfish.  (And wow, catfish are freaky looking things.)
  • In Stage 3 fire restrictions you are not allowed to even smoke a cigarette outside.  I don't smoke, but I didn't know that.  Now I do.  (The drought goes on here.  Still not a drop of rain.  Hopefully the monsoon arrives soon.)
  • You know you're tired when you're grateful to be asked to fill in last minute as pianist for primary because it means you spend the last two hours of church jumping between primary and relief society and you can stay awake!
  • There is nothing better in the world than receiving a note from a woman you admire at church telling you what a wonderful person she thinks you are and how much she appreciates you.  What a mood lifter!!
Can you tell just what a muddle my thoughts are in?  I have just a short window and then I hit a plane with B and S, heading to Dallas.  I've almost got the laundry done from the camp days, so tomorrow is time to get packed, get the shopping done, and make sure things are reasonably in order for the family members staying behind.  Wish me luck!  It's not over yet.

Comments

Popular Posts