Hey, It's November!

What a week!

I am exhausted.  I could give you a list with all my reasons why but I'll spare you.  This much I will say-- I am NOT A FAN of midweek Halloween holidays.  I know it's odd and "not the way we've always done it" but I would totally sign a petition and lobby to switch Halloween to an "observed" day, like we do with many other holidays-- say, the last Saturday of October.  Just my two cents from a harried mom.

This week was the big push to finish a rough draft for book #6 of the Roran Curse novels, which I managed Wednesday.  I wanted to be ready to start a brand new book for Nanowrimo, which I did on Thursday.  Yep.  So I have been writing like a crazy person for awhile now.  If you happen to run across me in person and I stare at you vacantly while you're talking, I apologize now! It's not personal-- it's just that when you are working so hard at switching characters and worlds and genres (like I am now) your brain feels like it is in a fog a lot.

This Nanowrimo is my fifth, and I'm off to the kind of start that feels a little like trudging through mud.  However, I'm going to press forward-- at least I know that there are a whole bunch of crazy people out there trying to write a book this month as well.  I'm now about 7,000 words in, but I don't have a title for this one-- it's saved as "Sheralie" because that's the main character's name-- but I have started drafts for this story at least twice now and I am hoping that third time's a charm.  (This is the story that Terence has been waiting impatiently for me to finish for 18 years.  No pressure, right????)

November is the month when many people also try to focus on gratitude, and I want to take a few minutes and rhapsodize publicly about how grateful I am for my husband.  Terence is the most supportive man alive, he works so hard for us, and he sacrifices so much on behalf of others.  I don't think he gets enough credit-- and I just couldn't cope with my load (any of it-- raising the kids, paying the bills, writing my stories, serving others, running races, driving all over tarnation, keeping ahead of the anxiety and depression) without him.  He is one of the greatest gifts that God has given me, and I'm so thankful that for whatever reason, he singled me out and chased me down nineteen years ago!

Comments

LaNita Pete said…
Oh man you are fun to read! Of course, my favorite was about Terrence. You are so blessed. I see that in him... pics, of course. Good luck with the writing. I still don't know how you accomplish it all! You're wonder woman!!

Popular Posts