Better Late than Never

It's spring!!!

Or maybe fake spring?  Or second spring, kind of like second breakfast?  I don't know, Arizona seasons are weird.  Yes, I lived in other places and I know that spring is unpredictable everywhere (and the stories Terence tells of Chicago weather mood swings are legendary).  But real spring or fake spring, inside my house it was 92 degrees last night at 10pm.  Yeah, I didn't want to turn on the A/C.  It's March. I'm sure we can hold on until April, right??

It's been a crazy (normal crazy) couple of weeks around here, so here are a couple of pictures for highlights:


My 5C medal arrived in the mail so the Mesa Marathon people decided not to stiff me.  There it is, official proof that I am insanely dedicated.  Now it's hanging on the last hook on my running medal board, probably the last one I'll earn.  We'll see...


We've finished our first month of junior high basketball, and what a roller coaster it has been.  Let's just say, I'm very, very happy we get an actual break for spring break!  This was B's first time in an official game (she's #14).  She survived it (even after nearly have a panic attack beforehand).  I'm so proud of her for all her hard work so far!



K decided to give me a lovely scare yesterday.  He started complaining mid-day of stomach pain.  It didn't seem to be caused by constipation or stomach flu.  By dinner he refused to eat and climbed into the bathtub trying to get some relief (very odd).  When he got out he told me he'd prayed to feel comforted and he was feeling better.  But then not half an hour later he was rolling around on his bed, groaning in agony.  After J's appendix rupture last year I was nervous, but when I told him I was going to take him to urgent care, he got hysterical on me.  Panicked sobs.  It was awful.  I finally got him calmed down a bit, and we headed out.  After more pestering he told me he was a five on a one to ten pain scale.  OK.  Could be worse.  But not great either.  Still, I was feeling calmer myself about the decision to take him in.

About five minutes into our drive he started to chatter happily.  It was like a 180 degree change.  So I asked him about his pain level now.  "One," he told me.  Then, "or maybe a zero."  Odd.  But he'd had a good spell earlier followed by a bad spell of pain, and we still had another forty minutes to get to the pediatric urgent care.  I figured by the time we got there he would probably be hurting again.  However, when we got there he was completely chipper and happy and said he felt no pain at all still.  So we went to a nearby park so I could make him walk around and see if it lasted.  Yep!  K was happy and well and great.  And he told me that maybe he was glad it had happened because he got to have an adventure with just me and him.  Awwwww.  In any case, he has been perfectly fine ever since.  I don't know what it was but I'm going to count my blessings!

In any case, motherhood is never dull!

Comments

Popular Posts