Girly Hair Woes

While trying to get J ready for preschool this morning, I ran into a major snag. J got so upset and started to cry because he wanted me to cut his hair right then. He kept insisting that he couldn't go to school without his hair cut because he's graduating and his teacher said he couldn't graduate with curly hair.

??????

At least, that's what it sounded like at first, which made little sense to me. After a little more digging, it was only slightly better-- J was insisting that he needed his hair cut before his preschool graduation picture. He explained that his teacher had said he couldn't have long "girly" (not curly) hair for his picture. Now, I know his teachers pretty well, and I don't know exactly what they said to the kids about getting their pictures taken, but I'm pretty sure they didn't tell J he needed to get his hair cut or he would look girly. I only kind of put off the tantrum by convincing J that his pictures aren't going to be taken until Wednesday, so it was OK to go to school without a hair cut this morning. Whew! (I think I might have to get his hair cut tomorrow though, so I don't have a repeat Wednesday morning.)

Comments

Popular Posts