Further Proof of Insanity

Do you remember when I explained how I hate to run? I mean really hate to run? And that I'm clearly insane for wanting to do a triathlon when that's the case?

It's strange how things can change. I never in a million years would have guessed a year ago that I would be planning to sign up to participate in a 200 mile relay race.

Yes, you read that right. 200 miles. Not in a car or even on a bike, but on foot.

See, about a month back my friend Brandi asked if she could do the triathlon with me so we started training together every morning. But she's an actual runner, so my training for the run, which leaves me gasping for breath and almost sick to my stomach, is a piece of cake for her. One morning while we were jogging along (actually, it was probably while we were walking because I can't breathe, let alone talk, while I'm running) she told me about the Ragnar Relay. She's always wanted to do it, but you need a team of 12 people.

To make a long story short I am now organizing a team for the Relay. It's at the end of February and it goes from Prescott to Mesa, each team member taking three legs of the run, ranging from 3 to 8 miles each. So if you are feeling extremely adventurous, and you think you could be able to run 8 miles straight by the end of February, you are welcome to join our team! Brandi and I have 9 spots open-- whoever gets their registration money to us first gets the spots. Let me know if you are crazy enough to join this insane undertaking and I will give you the details. To find out more about the race, check out http://www.ragnarrelay.com/delsol/index.php .

I truly have lost my mind.

Comments

Abby said…
What on earth? What the crap are you thinking?!?
Ashlie Dalton said…
I can't even stand hearing anymore of all these amazing things you are doing... seriously now. How I would love to run with you- maybe 4 months ago- but I can hardly walk up the flight of stairs in my house.

You ARE crazy Heidi! But awesomely crazy. I'm sooooo jealous.
Heidi said…
Awww, Ashlie, you know I was sooo jealous of you a few months ago because it seemed like you were always getting out and doing fun things with Cole and throwing these cool family get togethers while I was pregnant and huge and exhausted. It's just your turn now. This too shall pass....
Stefanie said…
Heidi,
Love your blog, I wish I could train with you and Brandi, but I will be about 8 weeks, postpartum. Riley's thinking of doing it though. You look great, by the way, too.

Popular Posts