Use At Your Own Risk

For any of you who were reading my blog last year, you may remember that I posted about my complete and utter frustration with my Hoover Windtunnel vacuum. Oh, if only the vacuum nightmare had ended there!

Well, it didn't. You see, I didn't take Jen's or Abby's advice and ditch the vacuum in favor of a new (totally different) one. Mostly because I don't really have money in the budget for a new one, and when I do, I'd much rather spend it on something else.

Anyway, the bottom faceplate of this dastardly vacuum finally broke off completely about a month or so after I wrote about it before. My mom offered to take the thing into the Hoover warranty service place and demand that they fix it, receipt or not, since it was less than a year old. The shop refused to fix it for free, but they said that they could have the new part on it in a couple days, and they'd clean it up so it was like new.

OK. Better than paying for a new vacuum.

However.

For whatever reason, this shop was not able to get the part in and after several weeks of putting off my mother's increasing irate demands to get the vacuum back, they gave up and sent her home with a brand new Windtunnel, the same exact model as I had before. Neither of us was super-thrilled because we expected to have issues with the darn thing again, but a free new vacuum is not something you turn down!

Yet, over the last six months everything that went wrong with the first one has gone wrong with the second. Once again, I can't get warranty service because I don't have a receipt (since nobody actually paid for this one.) And I can't take it back to the shop we got it from because they have since gone out of business. (Probably because they had to keep giving people new vacuums!!)

So you are hereafter all warned. Here is a picture of the perpetrator:

For your own sanity, avoid interaction with this object at all costs.

(In the meantime, I am vacuuming with a prehistoric Eureka Boss vacuum that some lady gave Terence because she couldn't manage to sell it at a yard sale. Even though it looks nearly as old as I am, it still picks stuff up. Score: Eureka- 1, Hoover- negative 5,000.)

Comments

kristi said…
The way you tell your stories are so funny! But a bad vacuum is not funny especially when you have dogs ~ our Lab is shedding like crazy right now! If you need to borrow a vacuum just call and I'll have Nic walk ours over :)
VKMyers said…
Wow. I don't think I've ever heard of a vacuum being such a lemon. Thanks for the warning. Crazy though that something as old as you are still works. I wish they still made things like they used to...cars that never died, vacuums that always worked, watches that took a licking and kept on ticking....

Popular Posts