The Verdict: Time will Tell

This afternoon was my follow-up appointment with the doctor to see if the medication change is making my whole bleeding issue go away. So I thought I might as well update you all on how things are going.

First of all, I have been free of any kind of bleeding for two weeks. Hooray! That was the point of all this. Granted, I've had short spans of time with no bleeding before, so the proof will be when I have another period. If it stops in a reasonable amount of time, we can be almost positive that it was the Zoloft that was causing it.

On the downside though, I have been feeling pretty blue for the last week and a half. I do OK in the morning and then feel worse and worse as the day goes on. It's nothing severe (if it was, trust me, I wouldn't be blogging about it. Generally, the worse I feel, the less I am able to talk about it.) But mostly I feel kind of vaguely unhappy for no reason I can pinpoint, and I just don't feel like doing anything. Not good signs.

I had promised my husband and my mother to tell the doctor today how things really stand, so I duly reported my bout with the blues. Of course, she didn't brush it off, but she did remind me that it can take several weeks for a new depression med to really have an effect. So she wants to follow-up with me in a few weeks and make sure that it is working. But she did admit that if the Wellbutrin doesn't work she doesn't know what exactly to do. Then I truly face the bleeding or depression decision.

In the meantime, the only thing I can dredge up any enthusiasm for are the races. Strange but true. At least there's something! I'm going to cling to that and try to hang on...just another week or two hopefully!

Comments

Kaycee said…
I am sorry! how aweful! you have to chose between bleeding and the blues. I hope this new meds work for you, so you can be happy.
Brooke said…
I COMPLETELY understand what you're going through! I've fought depression all my life. You can call me anytime you get in those low moods. Although, I know from experience that when you're in those moods the last thing you really want to do is call someone, it's really much more enjoyable (if you can even use that word) to just sit and stare at the wall. However, seeing as we have 4 kids we can't even do that in peace!

Popular Posts