Supermom Crash Landed

I'm so unmotivated to do anything right now. Actually, it's quite amazing that I'm plucking up the energy to tackle my blog, but since I'm doing it to put off having to deal with bathtime, it's more like choosing the lesser of two evils.

I don't know what happened to me. It started yesterday. You know, if you follow my blog at all, that I have a gazillion things going on. My life is like a juggler tossing about 64 things in the air and trying to keep it all moving without dropping a single thing. Well, yesterday I picked up my cartload of things to juggle, started to toss them all in the air, and then just let most of them thud back on the ground.

It started with not getting up early enough to get in my full bike ride (according to my triathlon training schedule). I rode an hour, so I did get in some exercise. Then I did manage to load up all the kids and drive my husband up to the temple. I dropped him off at the temple and then took the kids to my mother's house, where I kept them entertained by playing Mario on the Wii. All good so far, if not wonderful. But when we got home I spent almost all the day lying on the couch, reading a gloomy and tense novel, and refusing to take care of anything but the absolute most basic necessities. (The kids did get fed, though I didn't put much effort into it.) I didn't even have any desire to get up and write, or to attend our ward ice cream social. And if there are two great pleasures in my life, they are writing and eating ice cream.

Last night I slept ten blissful hours but woke up still lethargic and listless. The thought of making our normal pancakes for breakfast seemed impossible. (After much pleading on the part of the kids, I finally schlepped together some pancakes, but then only B actually wanted to eat one.) Now I am faced with my normal Sunday routine of getting the kids ready for church, but I just don't want to deal with it. (Uh oh. Church might really be a nightmare today. The kids always seem to sense when I don't have the energy to rein them in.)

This lethargy better go away soon. Tomorrow Terence starts General Instructor school for work, and it is going to be a very long week with a stressed husband who can give me no help and will likely need a ton of support from me. Well, Mrs. I-Don't-Wanna-Be-Supermom, you had your day off, now I need you back on the job, pronto!

Comments

Lissy said…
Sounds like maybe that novel had an effect on you. I've been there. You need a really upbeat energetic short story! :) Hope you feel better soon!
Stefanie said…
I've been feeling the same way. I blame the heat. Every morning I wake up with the intent of getting my house cleaned. Then my noon, I'm beat that the house is far from even straightened. By dinnertime anything I did accomplish has been undone. I feel your pain.

Popular Posts