I Can't Blame This One on K

I jinxed myself by posting that I hadn't lost my purse in a decade.

Friday night I tackled some shopping with the kids. It was not exactly pleasant, but no worse than any other time I need to go several different places. All I needed were two things: a race number belt and some new ankle-high running socks. We tried two different sporting goods stores before I gave up on the race number belt. It's really only something triathletes use, but I've wanted one for the triathlons anyway so I decided to get one before the Ragnar. I need something I can just pin my race bib to and then easily take on and off as I put on a jacket or my safety vest, etc. That way I don't have jab myself with a safety pin sixty million times trying to re-pin the number in the dark. Unfortunately, neither store had what I was looking for. (The running store I buy my shoes at does have one, but that store was another 30 minutes farther away. Bag that.)

But anyway, my kids love sporting goods stores. They just get so revved up and excited by all the fun equipment, bikes, air hockey tables, kayaks and so forth. I can't blame them-- I feel my spirits rise just looking at all the fun stuff too. But by the second store I was about to pull my hair out. So when the second place didn't have what I wanted I made a mad dash to get out of the store as quickly as possible, just so I wouldn't strangle my children the next time they decided to try out some of the sports equipment on their own.

Ross was right next door, and I figured we'd just make a quick in-and-out to see if they had any running socks that were not the "no-show" kind. (I need the ankle length so they keep my ankle brace from rubbing me raw.) Luckily for me, they had just what I was looking for. Unluckily for me, that was when I realized that I no longer had my purse swinging from my shoulder.

Fortunately, quick prayers were answered-- I was able to drag all my protesting kids out of Ross and back in the sporting goods store and find that my purse was still sitting in the cart that we had used. I don't remember setting it in there, but hey, I'm just glad I found it.

I really hope this is not a sign of things to come-- now that I'm carrying a purse again.

Comments

Lissy said…
I hate carrying a purse too! It's just so annoying to have it dangling there and I have to fight the temptation to take it off so I don't lose it places. If I didn't have a kid I'd have a super slim wallet in a cargo pocket. I love cargo pockets. So glad you found your purse!
Kaycee said…
Your shopping trips wear me out just reading them.
I don't know how you do it!

Popular Posts