Miles to Go (But Miles and Miles Behind Me)

I got inspired to post this because my sister Amy just posted that she hit the 500 mile mark in her running so I thought I'd see how far I've made it in my training since I tackled the triathlon stuff. I need a reminder of just how far I've come and just how much I've accomplished because I've been feeling awfully discouraged lately-- I'm having a horrible time trying to get my Christmas weight back off. So here goes my reminder of just how much hard work I've done:

Swimming: 110 miles

Biking: 2,602 miles

Running: 802 miles

Holy moly, I've traveled across the country by bike! And I've come a long way from the girl who was mortified to be seen in a swimsuit and couldn't make it more than once across the pool. Certainly someone who has managed to run 800 miles when she doesn't enjoy it can manage to eat more vegetables even if she can't stand them! Right???? No need to be discouraged. It's a journey, all a journey, and I'm still headed in the right direction.

Comments

Lissy said…
Go Heidi! You and Amy have motivated me to make changes. I started a food journal and exercise plan and I'm pumped about it! Hope this feeling lasts. Even though I'm not very far into it I feel better about myself for doing this. Tracking my food and exercise online really makes a difference for me :) I keep saying to myself - make it a priority - Thanks for the great ideas!
Ashlie Dalton said…
great job!!! you should be proud of yourself.
Anonymous said…
Awesome girl!
Abby said…
Holy crap, you're Forrest Gump! But without the room-temperature IQ and presidential moonings! Go you!
Kaycee said…
You are awesome!!!!!! I could not do all you do.
I am having the hardest time to lose weight since the holidays too. bother.

Popular Posts