Happy Monday!

Well, it's Monday morning!

The good thing about Mondays is that it is (usually) Terence's day off. It's kind of like my weekend continues a little longer because I know I should get to spend at least some time with my spouse.

I have a chance to write this morning because K and Terence are both sleeping and I just got the older kids off to school. The morning routine went extremely well this morning, way better than normal. B didn't cry once-- the most she did was snap at me once or twice because I asked her a question and she didn't know the answer. J only took three reminders to get up; I didn't even have to drag him out of bed myself. It was great!

I'm so glad that August is almost over. I saw a little blurb in the news that said that this August may go down as the hottest in Phoenix history, but I don't really believe it. (It seems like they've said that every August I've lived in the Valley.) Well, it has certainly felt like the hottest August ever, but since I'm hugely pregnant I don't know that it applies to everyone else. It does seem like we've had fewer days in the 110+ range, if only because I've had to keep the dogs in the house less this summer. In any case, I'm excited to leave August behind and move toward cooler days.

The trouble is that September is one of the hardest times of the year for me. I keep wanting it to be cooler. September screams autumn to me, but we would have to be heading into the next ice age for fall to start that early out here. If we're lucky, temps may dip below the 100's, but I'm not going to hold my breath. It's still monsoon season, after all. Things are going to be hot and muggy, and our frequent evening thunderstorms are still going to roll in. (I'm trying to mentally prepare so that I'm not disappointed.)

The best news right now is that I am 29 weeks now and there is little reason to believe my OB is going to stick me on official bedrest. The last few days I've only had a handful of contractions, and most of them were right after church yesterday. (Church seems to do that to me. No idea why.) Hooray for that! Of course, the temptation now is to just go back to doing all my normal chores, but don't worry, I won't tempt fate that way. I can't seem to-- though I haven't been having too many contractions, the baby seems to be sitting right there on my cervix and it hurts to move around. My back is doing OK, miracle of miracles (I've had real trouble with my back the last two pregnancies) but these sharp, jabbing pains in my crotch are not any more fun. Between that and the swelling, I hobble around like I'm days from delivery. Should be interesting to see what things are like two months from now. . . .

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice news, not so many problems. I'm praying for a smooth pregnancy and delivery! I don't know how you survive in that heat. I would just die. It was awful being in St George for 2 weeks during August. Why I live in Salt Lake and crave autumn. I like it between 60 and 70, and still have to have a fan blowing on me 24/7.
Kaycee said…
I'm glad you had a good Monday.
I hope it cools down for you soon.
I know how it feels to have your baby push on your cervix. All 3 kids sat low with lots of pain and pressure.
mom said…
I think you said it--two months from now things will be much the same--still hobbling around like you are about to deliver and the weather still not cool enough!

Popular Posts