Me & K, On Our Own

I rarely double post in a single day, but I need to take a break off my feet for a few minutes, and I figured I'd share what my morning has been like. Might as well as preserve it for posterity (or for that book that my mom thinks I should write someday down the road).

After eating breakfast, K was pretty mellow and easy to entertain this morning. He played with toys while I read my scriptures, came to sit on my lap while I played Bejeweled Blitz, insisted that I read Goodnight, Moon and then quietly entertained himself by playing with J's silly band collection while I wrote the earlier blog post. (It was good color practice, I guess. I'd write a sentence & K would show me a silly band and say, "Orange!" I would tell him it was yellow and go back to writing another sentence before getting interrupted again.)

When I finished the blog, I got started on the most important of the day's chores: the laundry mountain. K watched me sort a little bit and continued to keep out of trouble. Things were going pretty well! Then I went back to boys' room to pull the sheets off J's bed. I walked to the laundry room with an armful of bedding to find K standing on top of the washing machine, pouring a canister of Ajax cleanser into the open detergent dispenser. YIKES!! He had filled the dispenser, coated the top of the washer, and dusted his own legs and feet. There was also a sprinkling of cleanser (the kind with bleach added) on the pile of clean clothes on the folding table.

How did he manage to do that so quickly??? He had to climb up the washer, pull down the cleanser from the top shelf and get the dispenser open. I was out of view for two minutes at most!!

I rinsed K off, vacuumed up the biggest piles of the bleach, removed the dispenser tray to clean it out, and wiped down the washer and floor. Hopefully that will not qualify as overdoing it and I won't have to pay for it with contractions later. I guess the good news is that now my washer is sparkling clean. The bad news is that I suspect all our clean clothes on the folding table are going to end up with little bleach spots.

At least K is sitting here with me again as I write this so I can keep an eye on him. But it's not even lunchtime! Hopefully he is done with disasters for the day!

Comments

mom said…
Cute little Kyle :)
Ashlie Dalton said…
oooooh i wouldn't even know where to start with a mess like that!!!! you are amazing lady! :)
hope the rest of your day went better than that.
Abby said…
At least he wasn't trying to drink bleach.

Popular Posts